Introducing the First Edition of the World Congress on Textile Coating (WCTC), 18-19 February 2021
The organisers of the successful and long-running conference series Textile Coating and Laminating (TCL) are pleased to announce its expansion and refocus as the World Congress on Textile Coating (WCTC). The event will debut in Berlin, Germany on 18-19 February 2021.
In the modern textile industry, coating, surface modification and laminating are the key means to tailor textiles and nonwovens to create functional products for specific, often high-performance, applications. The expanded event will take the necessary wide perspective on all these processes.
Unlike other events, it will not be an academic research-based meeting, but a practical, industry-focussed conference, and participants will be encouraged to share real-world problems with the assembled experts and their fellow attendees in the dedicated discussion forums.
Supplementary Call for Papers
We will be expanding the programme to accommodate the numerous technological developments which have occurred in the coating and laminating industry in response to the covid-19 crisis. To allow the widest possible contribution we are issuing a supplementary call for papers for the conference, details of which are given below.
The global pandemic has raised many questions of great importance to the industry both now and in the future, including:
- How can coated and laminated textiles contribute to the provision of PPE for healthcare workers, first responders and other key workers?
- Which traditional markets have been lost forever, and can the opportunities for personal protective equipment (PPE) continue to fill these holes in sales?
- How have supply chains been affected and will these changes be permanent?
- Will more manufacturing return to a local rather than global model?
- How have manufacturers transformed their workplaces to make their staff safer and what more can they do?
- What are the lessons to be learned from the global covid-19 pandemic?
If your organisation has an answer to any of these questions or a story to tell based on the experiences of the last few months, please email [email protected] with your abstract and contact details before 10 July 2020.
With major speakers from around the world, looking at novel applications and processes of textile coating from a practical industry perspective, WCTC promises to be dynamic and lively, attracting delegates from companies on every continent. For further information and to book your delegate place or Sponsorship package at the current Early-bird rate, click here. Early-bird places are limited, book now to benefit from the current offers.